Monday, September 10, 2007

starting to crack

First girls U10 soccer game was this past Saturday.

We showed up to find that our team of 11 3rd graders and 2 4th graders was going to play a team entirely comprised of 4th graders.

So what the big difference you ask ? We'll apparently all that shit they say about the evils of giving steriods to dairy cows is correct. Because starting at 4th grade, girls start to grow a freakish rates.

All that passing and trapping and running around cones doesn't mean shit when you're a 3rd grade girl getting run over by 5'6" girls with fully developed breasts and moustaches.

Anyway, it was a fitting ending to an otherwise shit-laden week.

I'm really starting to crack. I can't take much more bullshit and despite increasing my intake of beer to record levels I don't think I can stave of the inevitable flipping out that is about to occur. My biggest hope is that I can get through one more PTO meeting ( yeah there's ANOTHER ONE tonight) without going after someone else with a show shovel.

Interestingly enough, despite all the termoil, stress, and alcohol....or maybe because of it, I'm playing the greatest golf of my life. I recently started playing again and after a lifetime of shooting 90, I find myself about 8-10 shots better. I flirted with breaking 80 last week, followed that up with a 2 over 38 for nine a few days later, and shot the lights out this past Saturday.

Maybe if I sign up for volunteer community penis piercing at the local Church it will send me over the edge and I can join the PGA tour.

Here's hoping to getting through the night

No comments: