Friday, November 07, 2008

Starbucks or Swingerbucks

I just went for a cup of coffee.

As I walked up to the counter, the guy in line in front of me said to the woman working behind the counter, " So, are you single ?"...no small talk, no preamble, nothing like that...just BOOM, " are you single?" .

She replied, " How old are you ?"

" 27", is what I think he said.

" Well I'm at least 10 years old than you"

" Great !", he raeched into his pockets, " I'm going to give you my number. Call me if you want to go out."

He handed her a card, picked up his coffee and out the door he went.

It was the antithesis of every experience I ever had asking a woman out...he was confident, he was direct, he was sober. I was as baffled as the woman behind the counter, who I might add, got quite the smile on her face and put the number in her pocket.

Then as I was standing there, mouth agape, the woman behind me in line moved up alone beside me and smiled. She was a realtively attractive woman, but well into her 50s. Obviously somewhat affluent with a plunging neckline and and obvious boob job.

" So what are you doing tonight", she asked..apparently inspired by our boys performance.

It was then that I became very aware of the fact that my wedding ring was still sitting on the ESC key of my keyboard back at the office.

" Tonight ?", I repeated, " well for starters I'm getting the hell out of this place"......laughed.......then ran like hell.

1 comment:

Spice said...

Are you on Crack?