Tuesday, February 16, 2010

'snow problem whatsoever

I've been trying to make the best out of the bad weather and found a little luck this weekend.

Friday night I took the kids to the Fire and Ice Festival in Lititz. They shut down the streets and have a giant block party. This included games, music, magicians, and guys making giant ice sculptures all around town. Saturday ( the fire part) was a big chili cook off. Lititz is a neat town, and its those type of creative community efforts that keep it a vibrant Borough in a County with many failing communities.

Saturday I did some cross county skiing for the first time at a local golf course. If was a good workout and a lot of fun. I borrowed some skis, but if I knew that we'd get snow with any sort of regularity, its an investment I'd make. The only catch was that the trail was set a little close to a golf driving range, so you had to be careful when getting close to the golfers.

Sunday I couldn't borrow the skis, so I went to the driving range and hit two buckets of balls at the skiers.

Yesterday the whole family went over to Ski Roundtop for a full day of skiing. The youngest finally found her balance which made the day perfect as we could all go to the top and we ended up staying a couple hours longer than expected. It started snowing during the last hour and a half and the conditions were absolutely perfect.

I got home last night with the expectation of showering, getting into bed early with my wife, and getting a good nights sleep. I was exhausted. Those plans were skuttled when my daughter started throwing up at 8 pm. She finished throwing up at 4 am. The joys of parenting.

I'm just grateful for 50 cent refills at Starbucks.

No comments: