Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Bird on a cage, bird on a wire

The last 48 hours have seemed particularly strange.   It seems to me that people, en masse, are losing their shit.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that this sort of thing happens, collectively, with some sort of ebb and flow.

This phenomena reminds me of Uncle Walt's bird.  After a night of poker I stayed in my Uncle Walt's guest room.  The room usually serves as a place for the birdcage for a parrot that they keep.  When we walked into the room there was a sheet over the bird cage.

Walt showed me the room and said, " Don't worry about the bird, he's cool....and smart too, he totally recognizes my voice."

 When Walt spoke (slurred?) the cage started rattling around.  " See.", he said.

Then he walked over to the sheet ." HEY YOU FUCKING BIRD, I'M GONNA EAT YOU !!!!", Walt started screaming and shaking the cage, " THANKSGIVING'S COMING, YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED!!!!"

" So he recognizes your voice, eh ?", I asked, " you don't say."

I'm not really sure if that story is supposed to have society as Uncle Walt or any of us as a rattled bird in a rattled cage, or if the whole thing was a weak premise to tell a funny story.....  If you're looking for that sort of insight, you've likely coming to the wrong blog.  But I can tell you that both Uncle Walt and the bird are both still alive and both mostly bald.

And now your clip for the day.








No comments: