Thursday, February 07, 2008

smooth criminal

I've been using pandora.com as my music source lately. You punch in an artist and it finds music of a similar genre.

I was on a hard core gangsta tip yesterday and had fiddy-cent punched in. This morning when I logged on, my intention was to switch that to something a little more reasonable to listen to with my coffee.

But when I fired up the browser I was met with some sweet old-school smooth funk sounds. Boom bah deeeewwwwwww. Like a slow rolling jam that you might have in the background when you were laying some smooth moves on your lady. I found myself bouncing along, sippin my coffee, and having visions of a fire place and a bear skin rug when the lyrics began...

" I pop caps in niggas then I steal their bitches....I need a hundred ho fo my hundred itches .."

( ok, that's not what it really said. I made that up, but you get the idea )

So hard core lyrics laid over smooth tracks ?!?!

Yes, this morning I discovered Jay-Z.

No comments: