Monday, October 05, 2009

cyclingnews - thumbs down

This is old news, but I've just gotten around to being pissed off enough to mention it. Cyclingnews.com redid their site and it sucks.

I had been a regular customer back when I was on dial-up and they were called Bill's Cycling Pages. At one time I was a paying advertiser on the site.

I've lived through a couple of site revamps without complaint, but this latest change is just terrible. And I'm not alone, their forum is filled with threads of people complaining. The site loads crappy, the results are difficult to find and mislabled, and its really cumbersome to navigate.

What I find most ponderous is the fact that despite everyone's displeasure, they're continuing to stick it out with this current format.

The only one that seems to really like the new format is Velonews.com , Their readership is up 30%.

4 comments:

Spice said...

correct. Cyclingnews sucks. They dropped the ball bigtime.

The British fuck everything up.

scott haverstick said...

they're aussie!
but i agree about cyclingnews.

JMP said...

agreed that the new CN sucks. Competitive Cyclist has written a candid blog post about their dislike of the new format, and subsequent decision to send more marketing $ to VeloNews...

Spice said...

Nope they were Aussie.

They got bought out by Future Media Group...a UK company. I know because some British lady with a thick accent calls here all the time.