Tuesday, November 10, 2009

smooth criminal

Starbucks was empty ( or so I thought) today and I walked in giving the girls behind the counter the usual rash of shit, " get me my coffee...what's taking so long ?!" which is typcial of the friendly banter I have with my dealers...I mean coffee vendors.

I went back and forth with the girl at the counter until we were interrupted by some laughing. A good looking professional woman ( professional is in buisness woman...not prostitute so far as I could tell) was standing next to me laughing started chatting me up. We exchanged plesantries and out the door she went.

When I turned back around to get my coffee the girls behind the counter started howling. " SHE WAS TOTALLY TRYING TO PICK YOU UP !"

get outta here

" NO WAY MAN, AHAHAHAH, you were totally getting hit on"

So I turned back around to see the woman walking to her car and began to laugh with the girls.

Then I had an epiffany. I realized girls weren't laughing at HER...the girls were laughing at US.

Along the dividing line of "hip" there are cool young people and bungling has-beens...and I was on the wrong side of that counter.


Starbucks: The coffee is the $2. The shattered self image is free !

2 comments:

scott haverstick said...

welcome to my world.

Spice said...

Are you recycling stories now?