Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Own Private Tarrentino

My daughter found some app and has been making movies on the ipad.

They're surprisingly funny and good. Most involve an ongoing war at our house between the Kingdom of Calculators and the Kingdom of Oranges. I've noticed a continuing theme where the Oranges seems to get killed whenever the director is hungry and the calculators get killed right after math homework.

I've encouraged her to branch out and come up with an entry for a local " 60 second film festival". I told her to come up with a few scripts, we'll review them, and then I'll help her put a movie together for submission.

I came home from work last night to chaos. Apparently my daughter, excited, went into school and started recruiting classmates as actors and sharing her plot idea. Those kids, excited, went home and told their parents they were going to be in a movie. It all sound good, right ?

The working title of the movie...." Colored Girls".

Apparently its an examination of racial strife ( and fashion) in suburbia, as seen through the eyes of a 9 year old girl. And already there's quite a buzz about it.

No comments: