Monday, September 26, 2005

back to my day job

Well it doesn't look like an early retirement for me yet.

Laster 4.5 hours and played very well. I had one stint where i played one hand for 40 minutes...very patient. That was followed by a nice run where I got cards and I had the respect of the other players due to my previous patience. At the end of that run, I was second at my table in chips and looked down to see AK offsuit. I made a raise and got one caller. The flop was K 8 8 . I figured iff the dude had a pocket eight after my raise, then it was fate and I put the guy all-in. He did and it was. From then on it was just treading water hoping for a run of good luck. I battled well, but eventually the blinds ate me up.

Towards the end of the tourney ( for me anyway) I guy joined our table. He had a huge stack and he looked like hell. At the next break he told me that he had played the previous morning, lasted a while, then busted out. Right as he busted out, there was a super sattalite tourney starting so he joined it for kicks. HE WON IT. He won a $10,000 entry and $12,000 in cash. Trouble was, that ended at 2am. He said that he was so jacked from winning that he couldn't sleep. He was already entered in the $500 tourney so he came downstairs had some breakfast then started playing the game we were in. He was so tired that he couldn't concentrate very well, so whenever he had decent cards he would just bet hard. At worst, he figured, he'd bust out and be able to go to sleep. As it worked out he just kept scaring people off, and when he did get a caller he got lucky. The guy had been awake for 36 hours...and when I left he was looking to have to play another 5 hours of poker, at least. I bet he won.

No comments: