Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oh rickey you're so fine....

For all his accomplishments, you'd think snagging a foul ball in the stands would be small stuff for Rickey Henderson. Hardly the case.
Henderson, who caught a foul ball Monday at AT&T Park, where he was watching the Mets play the Giants, kept the ball instead of handing it to a young fan.

“Everybody was asking me for the ball,” Henderson said Tuesday, according to the Star-Ledger of Newark, N.J. “I said, 'You're not getting this ball. I always wanted to get a foul ball. This one's going on a shelf at home.' ”

The young fan didn't go home empty-handed, though, as Henderson signed another ball the kid already had.

Henderson, 48, joked that his catch in the stands shows he's still got the skills to play the game.

“Showing 'em I've still got good hands. The ball found me I was so quick.”

No comments: