Friday, September 26, 2008

real comfort

I broke my rear deraileur cable on my ride Tuesday. That meant 5 miles home in the 39x12.

Thursday came quicker than expected and that left me in a pickle. I moved a bunch of stuff around in the garage and dug out my old Cannondale retired something like 8 years ago. The thing had about a quarter inch of dust on it. The bar tape was held together by some electrical tape, and it still had vista lights and my drop-in bars ( the greatest bars ever invented i might add) and a rear blinker from when I had last used it as a commuter.

I threw some good wheels on it, doused the chain with WD-40 ( only the best) and headed out.

Talk about sweeeeeet.

It was like finding your high school baseball glove and sliding it on your hand. The thing fit absolutely perfect. It was only a 45 minute ride, but may have been one of the more enjoyable rides of the year. I may have a hard time going back.

Anyway, your funny clip of the day...

No comments: