Monday, September 29, 2008

what a life

I'm sure there's a way to get pictures from my phone and onto my computer.
I'm also sure that I'll never figure out how to do that...which is too bad because I have some good ones.

They say that all any parent ever wants to do is to give their kids a better life than what they had. But at what point is it ok to start getting jealous ?

Point in case...

Saturday I took the boy to the Phillies game. Not just any Phils game, but one in which they were playing for the NL East title. Because the Flyers had a special game at the Spectrum and Temple was playing at the Link we went public transportation. A short train, trolley, a then subway ride ( and 200 hands of blackjack) later we were sitting a dozen rows off the field eating ice cream. Not only did the boy enjoy a gluttonous afternoon of pizza, soda and ice cream, but we got an incredible nailbiter of a game. Jimmy Rollins made a diving save up the middle and turned a double-play in the 9th, with the bases loaded to seal the deal.

The place went nuts even by Philadelphia standards. There were fireworks, the bell was ringing, strangers were hugging each other. You could probably see all of this if you all were huddled in my office looking at my phone.

Sunday the boy had a football game. He started at quarterback and threw a completed pass for a touchdown and a completed pass for an extra point in the pouring rain at a level where just completing a pass is about a 8 to 1 shot. He rounded out the effort with two catch, a sack, and one interception.

We came home, made cheesesteaks, made a strawberry pie, and ate it all watching football until we feel asleep.

Damn I'm a lucky kid...I mean HE...yeah HE's a lucky kid.

No comments: