Wednesday, October 19, 2005

DO NOT USE ORBITZ

The long and short is this...I've bought 40 tickets or more from Orbitz. They've been great.

Last January I bought 5 tickets from them and a pop-up come up from them that said " you get a $10 rebate" for my purchase. "Cool!" I thought, that was nice. I filled in the box with my name and address. I was then redirected to another site, a subsidiary of Orbitz, and pitched to sign-up for their services. My $10 was to come in the form of a voucher for this service. No interested, I shut down the browser and went back to other stuff I was doing.

So I found out that I've been getting charged $10 a month since then !!!!!!!

By entering in my name and address into the initial window, Orbitz considers that my concent to participate in this other companies ( actually their company) program.

THEY sent Connections123.com my credit card information !

I've never been to this companies site and never used their service and they've charged me.

And I'm not the only one

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/orbitz_mwi.html

No comments: