Wednesday, September 27, 2006

when you wish upon a star

For some reason I went back and read some stuff I wrote in June.

I used to be a lot funnier in June.

I've been catching a lot of flack in the online poker chat rooms for wishing diseases on people who beat me with some ridiculous play. I try to be civil but sometime I just need to get it out of my system. For those playing at home the hierarchy of diseases I wish on people go something like:
* syphillus
* leprosy
* AIDS
* cancer
* really bad cancer

There are different variants depending on the situation, but those are the stand-bys.

Not so surprisingly, when I launch into one of the volleys it's usually not well received. And I don't mean by the recipient...he's usually to busy counting all my money to care. It's usually other people at the table who get their panties in a wed.

Well today it occurred to me the silliness of it all ( I mean beyond my irrational behavior, that's a given). What I mean is....my wishing bad shit on people isn't going to make it happen. If I had some sort of super powers that allowed shit to happen because I wished it true...don't you think I would have wished pretty fucking hard that the idiot who called my AA with his 44 wouldn't hit his 4 on the river. I mean for $100, I probably would have busted out a special wish or two.

And nevermind that. If my wishes came true, do you think I'd be playing online poker in the first place. If I could wish shit true there wouldn't be much free time between beating Tiger on the PGA tour and lugging around my gigantic penis.

Some people.....dumb I tell you, just dumb.

No comments: