Wednesday, December 19, 2007

eeeennnnn !

One time I went to visit some friends at their college. They were having a party and excited to introduce me to some new friends.

The party got going and I met one girl who was pretty interesting. She was cute and a bit of a smart ass, which is always a deadly combination. We hit it off and I were having a nice conversation when right in the middle of it she said

EEEENNNNNNNNNN !

She didn't scream it or anything, but right at the end of a sentence she punctuated with a noticeable but firm ...eeeeennnnnnnnnn. Then she kept right on talking as if nothing happened.

A few minutes later, same thing. She's yapping then all of a sudden, EEEEEEENNNNNN.

This time it was loud enough that in that small room is was clearly noticable to everyone standing around. Stunned, I looked around and no one reacted. Everyone just kept talking and drinking beers and going on business as usual.

WTF....I figured maybe this was some sort of local expression. Like a Deleware version of "fuhget-aboutit" or a twist on Fonzies legendary "AYYYY!".

So to try and fit in with the locals, a couple of minutes later after I finished a joke I was telling with "...holy water ? I better gargle with it....

............EEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN !"

And with my last noise the whole room stopped what they were doing and stared at me.

My two friends, pie-eye, started jumping around behind the girl giving me the 'cut-it-out' signs.

I thought maybe I had said it wrong somehow so I started to make another attempt,

" eeeeeennnnnn ?" I looked at the girl quizzingly and hopeful. Behind her my friends just shook their heads.

I gave it one last gasp, " ee-EE-ee ?"

She walked away.



Yeah.



Turrets.

No comments: