Tuesday, December 16, 2008

E-A-G-L-E-S

I attended my first NFL football game last night.

WOW !



The closest thing I can compare it to is Lollapalooza. It was just complete indulgent chaos. In just our parking lot alone I saw more overt signs of drunken debauchery than I've seen in the last 3 years...and readers of this blog will know that's really saying something. I'm both horrified and impressed at the commitment of Eagles fans to gorge themselves on pork and consume as much Miller Lite as (sub)humanly possible. Hats off.

The one thing that I really found humours was the Eagles year long commitment to going "green". Nothing says " save the environment" like 55,000 people driving 40,000 cars to an event that's lit by 1 trillion mega-lumens of high wattage lamps, and then serve them food and drink in disposable containers that they indiscriminately toss on the ground. As the guy in the seat said to me last night, " is this really your target audience ?"

But what a good time. I got the feeling that in close game or in a loss against Dallas, that it wouldn't take much for the entire scene to go sideways quickly...but at least last night the fans were fun, the game was great, and a fun time was had by all.

Go Birds !

No comments: