Tuesday, December 23, 2008

grocery shopping

I took the youngest girl grocery shopping with me on Sunday.

We were just about done and I remembered three things that I still needed, " OK, we need three more things..a green pepper, garlic bread and bacon. If I forget remind me, OK ?"

" Yes Daddy, pepper, bread, bacon."

We made our way across the grocery store and got the pepper, bread, and a few other items and then I couldn't remember that last thing I needed. ( which of course is why I asked her to remember)

" Dang, I can't remember the last thing I need. What was it I asked you to remember."

" Ha Ha, you can't remember ?"

" No I can't,", I was getting a little annoyed at myself for forgetting and her for laughing, " can you please tell me ?"

" Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, crackers ?"

" No not crackers."

" marshmellow ?"

" No of course not marshmellow. It was something cold I remember that."

" French toast ?"

Then I realized she was just randomly saying stuff as we passed it, " Hey, you're just saying..."

" Pizza ?"

" CUT IT OUT !"

" Whipped cream ? Orange Juice ? Frozen Oniooooooons ?", then incessant giggling.

So then we left. Half way home I remembered, " Bacon ! Stupid friggin bacon !"

" You better go back.", she said, " you're very forgetful" with a big smile.

Later she was sure to let Mommy know and suggested that I was getting old and that maybe they should keep an eye on me.

No comments: