Friday, January 09, 2009

playing hookie

Instead of work and school, I got the kids up early yesterday and we went skiing.

Yesterday was "Pennsylvania Learn to Ski Day" and you could ski at any participating location for $10. Yeah $10. That included the pass, lessons, skis, boots, etc. Too good to pass up.

The only catch was that I had an important work meeting at 3 pm. This wasn't going to be a problem as we would ski from 9:00 am until around 1:00 pm putting me back in town at around 2:00...2:20. Well it wasn't going to be a problem until I hit dead stop traffic on I-83.

I called Mrs. Flick and asked that she meet me at work with some clothes as it would have been awkward to attend the meeting in snowpants. Then, driving in a manner that allowed for my creative side to shine through, I busted a move and headed directly to work.

I arrived in the parking lot at, literally, 2:58 pm. Anxious to get inside and desperately having to pee, I grabbed a pile of clothes and a bag from Mrs. Flick and ran into my office. Instead of running upstairs to where the meeting was I ran into the public bathroom downstairs figuring I could take care of the peeing problem right away, and at the same time change downstairs and save all appearances.

I entered the bathroom and locked the door behind me. As I stood at the uninal relieving my most immediate problem I made best use of time by stripping down. Off went the jacket and shirt, down went my snowpants and longjohns, and I tossed the hat and glasses to the ground behind me.

That's when I found out that the lock in the public bathroom doesn't work.

As I was standing there the door flew open and some old-timer walked in.

" HEY !!!!", I yelled startled.

The old timer looked up surprised and got an eyefull of me standing there stark naked at the urinal with my pants around my ankles, and with clothes and bags strewn around the bathroom and sink.

" WHAT IN _THE_ HELL IS GOING ON !" he yelled with a big emphasis on the THE.

" I'm IN here, just gimme a second !", I countered trying to sound as assertive as a man can while trying not to trip over his own underwear.

He backed up and slammed the door.

I could hear him out there mumbling, so instead of getting fully dressed I threw on my dress pants and hastily buttoned my dress shirt. Then as best I could I picked up all my stuff in a big dangling pile.

By the puzzled and somewhat disgusted look on his face, I suspect ( esp. with me carrying the bags, no shoes, and hair standing on end) that he took me for some sort of homeless guy.

I opened the door and hustled past him quickly, " Have at it pal, Its all yours."

1 comment:

steevo said...

My brother in law gets totally naked, socks and everything, everytime he goes number 2