Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thompson

In the staff meeting this morning

me: I have a question about past policy. I notice that you and I both called Thompson for an engineering consultation and that we're passing that charge along to the applicant. In instances where we're the ones asking for the consult, should be bear that cost ?

kook: I haven't called Thompson in ...well.....since like Novermber

me: Ok. I'm asking if we should eat that cost or if we should pass that along ?

kook: Maybe it was early December, but I think it was November.

me (staring blankly)

kook: It was November I'm sure of it, it was around Thanksgiving.

me: I don't need to know WHEN, I need to know who pays for it.

kook: If you have a problem with me calling Thompson, then I wont call him without asking you first.

me: WHAT ?!

kook: I never call Thompson unless its absolutly necessary, and now you're saying I use Thompson too much.

me: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?

kook: I call Thompson when we need Thompson, i just don't call Thompson to call Thompson

me: (staring astonished)

kook: Thompson...Thomp....son, Thompson

me: Is there any way that you coul...

kook: Thompson

me: could please stop talking. Seriously, please just stop talking

kook: urmph-son...urmph

me: ( head on the table)

No comments: