Suppose there's a kid who is pretty good at baseball and is graduating high school. He's given two choices:
1) Accept a partial scholarship ( $3500) from a small University to play baseball for them.
2) Sign with a independant league team for $ 3500 a year...and the team would accomodate his college academic schedule into his team participation.
We're going to assume the following for sake of discussion...
- He'd go to same college either in either case, and the college is local.
- The quality of play is slightly better with the pro team, but the competition for a starting spot is also slightly more difficult.
- The kids main goal is to play and enjoy baseball, but has not given up on thoughts of a real pro career.
The kid comes to you for advice, and you say ????