Tuesday, February 17, 2009

odds and ends from the weekend

My daughter had a swim meet over the weekend and set PRs in each of her events. This lead me to take a look at the qualifying standards for junior Olympics. Strangely enough, my daughter would have placed a few spots higher in the 9-10 boys events than she did in the girls races. I'm always surprised to see that for many events, the girls time standards are lower than the boys. This, of course, is a fact often pointed out to the boys by the girls.

---------------------------

The hottest two topics of conversation back and forth to the pool were

* wondering how cool it would be if they could put Lake Huron on Uranus.
and
* complete fascination with rectal thermometers, asking Dad if he even had his butt temperature taken then laughing hysterically.

---------------------------

On Sat, I was half asleep, staring out the window and drinking a cup of coffee when the boy walked in, " good morning Dad."

"urgh", and sipped my coffee.

Then as he walked by the little bastard reached over, "pantsed" me, and kept going.

" You little shit. You know I'm going to kill you"

" HA ! first you gotta catch me ! And you owe me a dollar for cursing.", and he ran downstairs.

I now owe him $26.
-------------------------

No comments: