Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday, monday

Halfway done and so far so good...with some exceptions.

It turns out that the 15 day program is essentially the 5 day program done 3 times. I'm starting to doubt the point in that.

The main problem I've run into with this experiment is the lack of protein. Especially after a 2 hour ride on Sat and another 1:15 on Sunday, I just couldn't figure out a way to get enough plant based protein on just fruits and veges. To those ends I added some more almond butter and peanut butter, as well as a couple of hard boiled eggs.

The plan for this week is to continue with the full compliment of fruits and vegetables as planned, but to supplement that small portions of lean protein (egg, fish, lean meat) throughout the week as needed.

I'm enjoying adding to this blog again with some regularity and would like to do so beyond this focus on food, but right now with occupy protesters being pepper sprays and football coaches molesting young boys, there's not a lot of pop culture worth discussing.

Its also tough to think of stuff to write when you're starving to death.

1 comment:

My Husband Rules said...

Well there's always the econo...no...reality tv...no...cycling's doping clean up...oh lord, now I'm just going to start drinking. Keep on about dinner, it's the best thing going.