Thursday, December 28, 2006

But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd.

So after the snow shovel incident, I decided that I needed to reassess my behavior toward my fellow man. I made the decission that I would try and be less competetive, less confrontational, and to defer to other people as much as my temperment would allow me.

Considering my personality and considering my circumstances, this is no mean feat. But I've done pretty fucking good. I've eaten a lot of crow, I've put my ego aside, and I've tried to walk a path that's more righteous. But people are testing me Ringo, people are fucking testing me.

I just got done playing noontime basketball. I started last month and play Thursdays and sometimes on Tuesdays. Of course each game is filled with the next great Bobby Knight. There's are always one or two guys who want to tell everyone where to go, how to play, and what they're doing wrong. Luckily, I play a pretty team oriented game and make few mistakes so I usually don't have to deal with those small dicked retards, but it doesn't mean that they don't bug me.

The worst offender was in rare form today. Luckily he was on the other team. His frustration with his own team was making him more aggressive than normal and on at least 3 occasstions he came blasting through a pick I set or plowed into me going for a rebound. While rough, his plays were fair, so I just bucked up and took it out on him by playing hard back.

With the score ties at 14 - 13 and us playing to 15 the ball was checked in as I was talking to a player that I was defending. All of a sudden ...WHAM... I got nailed right in the small of my back and went flying into my player. The douchebag Bobby Knight wanna be had run full force into me from behind and had sent me flying.

My opponent was also sent flying and stopped the game for a second. Retard Knight asked, " what ?". To which my guy said, " Ah I was standing here and Flick came flying into me, you hit him hard from behind. You have to be a little more careful when coming through the picks." and of course the Taintsucking Red Aurbach rolled his eyes and laughed.

Now to this point I hadn't said a word, but now I spoke up, " Listen man, I wasn't even setting a pick, I was just standing here talking and you plowed into me."

The stupid fuck looked at me and DIDN'T say, " sorry" or DIDN'T say " my mistake" or DIDN'T even have the common fucking decency to say " ARE YOU OK" which , by the way i WASN'T....what he did say was, " Yo man, when the balls in play you gotta be ready."

REALLY ?!?!

So the next play he came across the lane and I stuck out my elmow and I stuck it in his shoulder as hard as I could. Merry Christmas asshole.

He came down and missed his next shot and his team lost the game.

Now I'm sitting here with my back all fucked up, and to be frank...my vision is sort of fucked up.

I should have stuck my elbow in his throat.


But I'm trying Ringo, I'm trying real hard.

No comments: