Monday, December 26, 2005

forget familiarity

Forget familiarity, it's anonymity that breeds discontent.

You probably will not find a nicer guy than me at a live poker game. Online, however, I have the bad habit of venting my frustrations in a very direct and...some might say...an abusive way. The way I look at it is that each player has the ability to turn any player's chat off. So if people find my banter to be unsettling then they just don't have to listen to me.

Apparently not everyone shares my point of view.

After a particularly obnoxious rant I received notice today that I am having my chat privileges revoked for one month. It's probably for the best.

I'd post the transcript, but even I'm a tad embarrassed about what I wrote. If I was to critique it I'd have to say that it... " Was caustically acerbic and lacking enough creative humor to pass for good natured" in other words I was being an obnoxious dick.

No comments: