Monday, December 05, 2005

You're just too good to be true

So I have the oldies station on for a little change of pace and that old song came on " You're guy too good to be true...can't take my eyes off of you" and it occurred to me that (with the exception of the occassional Barry Manilow or Phil Collins who could write a love song about what they had for breakfast) that the dudes who wrote those songs were all jacked up on some chick when they wrote them.

I gotta wonder what life must be like for that dude when the chick eventually dumps him and starts sleeping with his friends...and the song is on the radio being played over and over again....I bet that's got to be a bite in the ass.

Here is a cure for poker addiction http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/games/arcade/miguzi/splashback/index.html

Had 14 guys over for poker over the weekend and broke in my new poker table. Fun night...I lost my shirt. I've lost all sense on how to play limit poker. I can't play with good cards I can't play with bad cards and I definately can't win with marginal cards. So I settled for drinking some beers and having some fun. I suppose you can't go wrong there.

I think I've eaten a dozen eggs in the last 3 days. I can't imagine that's good for you in any way shape or form. Hopefully all the beer will neutralize the effects. Either that or the two will mix and I'll cause a huge hole in the ozone layer.

George will today talks about a Greek form a government whereby a legislator who proposed a new law was put to death if the law was rejected by the people. It got me thinking about a governing system that I had been working on by which you could accuse anyone of being an asshole and after a trial either the asshole or the accused ( or both I suppose) could be put to death. It really had promise until I realize that I might last about 30 seconds under that system and decided to scrap the whole idea.

A guy I work with just walked in and told me the following story " My friend was driving home from hunting and a limb fell of a tree, went through the window of his car, and injured the passenger".......except when recounting the story to me it took 3 minutes and 42 second and he repeated the phrase " through the window" 8 times.

For some reason, people repeating themselves has been bothering me lately. And since I noticed it, I've keep track. I had a guy use the the phrase " quite frankly" 11 times in one day. It might have been more because I went temporarily insane at the 10th time. Quite frankly, I can't stand it when people repeat themselves.

No comments: