Monday, December 19, 2005

Twist and Burn

I'm listening to the Isley Bothers do Twist and Shout. Anyone who's ever covered it should hang their head in shame.

Other recommended hits...Canyon River Mango and Peach Salsa. Think it sounds terrible ? Well you're thinkin all wrong. I just downed the whole jar knowing full well that T is going to be pissed when she goes to get some for lunch tomorrow.

It's so right, I'd do wrong.

I should that into them as a jingle. Maybe they'd use it and send me some free stuff ? I once got drunk and ate a spoonfull of horseradish sauce that was so hot it caused me to have a religous experience. Still drunk and severely weeping I wrote up the whole incident and mailed it to the president of the company. I had forgotten about the whole thing until I got a response from the guy. He mailed me a sampler pack and asked that I never write him again.

I was recounting to someone that I was once so poor that I litterally saved two nickles so that I could never be able to literally say that " I was so poor that I didn't have two nickles to rub together". When I got hungry I would rub the nickles together. I once considered eating them.

So I'm thinking of starting a new trend of when I mean something in the literal sense, to use the adjective "figuratively".

re: " I figuratively slammed my foot in the door".

At the very least it will balance out the misuse of 'literally' and maybe it will fuck up people and prevent them from talking to me anymore.

No comments: