Monday, December 19, 2005

I got the nutz

We had a friendly family card game at the Christmas party on Saturday night.

My uber-competitive and confident cousin got into a raising war with, of all people, his father...my uncle. With the grace that age brings, my uncle just called on the turn. When the river card fell, my uncle bet only to be raised again. Well enough is enough and my uncle re-raised. This final bet put my cousin all-in. Curiously he raised again and claimed that he'd go into his jacket pocket and was good for the additional dollar.

I looked at the board. There was an ace high flush showing. I looked at Uncle #2 and shrugged.

Uncle #1 called.

My cousin jumped up and tossed down a queen high flush... " HA ! I HAVE THE NUTS !!!!!"

Uncle #2 and I burst you laughing.

" WHAT !??!?!?!....WHAT'S SO FUNNY?!?!?"

Uncle #2 explained, " you don't have the NUTS...you have a flush with a queen kicker"

" Well it's the nuts if he doesn't have the king"

My cousin was out of the room before the king hit the table.

No comments: