Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The news sucks

By now you've all heard of the horrible incident that occurred in Lancaster County.

My only comment on the matter is that the news outlets make me want to puke. They're almost excited about this occurring. Locally, nationally, internationally...they've decended on Lancaster County like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

Sadly the case has some ties to my place of employment and they've started calling here. They want to parse any fact, related or unrelated, in an attempt to get "news"...to have that latest exclusive bit of useless information...to feed into the grind of sorrow and misery.

So I couldn't take it. I told the last reporter what I thought. So if you hear on the news that XXXXX officials has no comment they're lying. I had a comment.....I told him to go fuck himself.

2 comments:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Apparently the old order Amish set up 2 charity funds...one for the families of the children involved in the incident, and one for the Roberts kids who now don't have a dad. That blows me away - The people in that community have a level of forgiveness that I can't comprehend, only admire...

Be careful that you don't get fired.

MyHusbandRules said...

Stay sane, I'm sure it's a complete madhouse. It's a horrible situation, I'm hoping your ties to it are minimal.