Wednesday, November 15, 2006

from an email discussion

--- Doucheblogcycling wrote:
> Of course he's a douche...douches become CYO
> basketball coaches (Flick coached a couple of
> seasons before he had to quit for yelling "jesus
> fucking christ" after some poor kid got taken out on
> a pick).


Flick responded:

I think you're mixed it up with the story where I
beaned the kid with a brushback pitch on my kids
little league team. And if that fucker didn't want
the heat, he shouldn't have been crowding my plate.


And I wasn't CYO, it was at a Christian High School. And I didn't say fucking.

I got in trouble twice...

Once in practice for yelling Jesus Christ. The entire gym stopped what they were doing and looked at me.

The other time was during a game against XXXX Christian when I yelled "GodDammit !" at my point guard who picked up his dribble for the 100th fucking time. That one got me called into the AthleticDirectors Office.

( I had briefly considered the arguement "Well if you could get JC to run the point for me maybe we'd win a few games" but thought better of it. Christians tend to take that whole blasphamy thing quite seriously)

I also got a talking to for playing secular music inthe team van during away games.

Doucheblog wrote:
>So what secular music were you playing?
> Was it Bell Biv DeVoe...?

Flick responded:

> Sadly..... yes.

No comments: