Wednesday, October 15, 2008

how the grand canyon was made

me: Did you give permission for the church to have a bonfire ?

her: Yes, that's always so much fun.

me: Well you can't do that. The ordinance is very clear, you cannot have bonfires.

her: But they're on more than 10 acres of land, so its ok.

me: No. The 10 acre provision in the ordinance is for agricultural purposes.

her: Yeah, well the farm there too. The have a nice barn....

me: No that's not the point. Agricultural purposes means that they can clear brush an-

her: ...and a little office, and when you drive in they have an old wagon. You should see it, your kids would love it.

me: Yeah, great. What I mean is that a bonfire is not an agricultural purpose. A bonfire is where you get a bunch of people together to dance around a giant pile of wood and get drunk.

her: Oh there people don't drink. Maybe I didn't tell you this if for the church.

me: Yeah I know. I didn't mean literally drink. I mean its for fun.

her: Maybe some of the people drink. They wont be drinking there of course, with kids and all. So if you're worried about them being drunk and letting the fire go out of control I can tell you that will not happen. The Pastor there is very strict. Some people think too strict and that he's a little, you know, firing brimstones too much, but in this day and age I think we need a little more of that you know ?

me: I...what ?!

her: OK ? So you want me to them know " no drinking !" and then they're okey dokey. Anything else.

me: No...I mean...they can't.............no, that will be fine thanks.

No comments: