Thursday, March 19, 2009

1 and 1

I've started a daily competition with the boy.

25 cents a day goes into a jar, he comes up with the game, the winner holds the jar. Whoever is holding the jar on his birthday gets the contents.

Day 1 was hitting golfballs. I had to hit the ball from across the yard between a street sign and a telephone pole ( about 4 feet across), he had to hit from the same distance and land it anywhere it the driveway. I can accept the fact that the weasel made the game inherantly unfair, I mean he IS 8. But I thought it was a littl much that he declared, after I pegged the pole from 40 yards, " sorry Dad, HITTING the telephone pole is not going BETWEEN the telephone pole". Stupid "no child left behind" legislation.

Day 2 I got my revenge. Two-bounce. The equlizer was that he shot foul shots from the scratch in the driveway, while I had to shoot from behind the first part or the sidewalk ( or as we've declared them, international rules). The boy underestimated the handicap and I easily schooled him 16 - 5...." quarter in the tip jar sucker !"

There intense level of competition is only exceeded by the quality of the smack talk.

I don't know what we have on tap tonight, but when I left this morning he was asking what time I'll be home so he's cooking up something.

3 comments:

scott haverstick said...

and some poor teacher has to deal with this 'tude the other 7 hours?

Anonymous said...

I thought hitting the foul pole was a home run?

Anonymous said...

rediculous