Friday, March 20, 2009

good beat, bad beat

Yesterday's game was pitching. After 15 pitches the boy and I were tied at 10 a piece, we went into overtime and I beat him 3-2. 25 cents in the kitty !

I then went and played poker for 5 hours and lets just say that I'm going to need to win a lot more quarters in the cookie jar. And I might need to add a few more sons. After five hours I had played 6 total hands to showdown. Two I won on bluffs, two I tied, and two I got my head kicked in. 6 hands in five hours and going bust is not normally a good time. The only bright spot was the company was enjoyable enough that I can write the whole thing off as admission to an entertaining floor show.

Today, hurting. Two races on Sunday, running intervals and swimming on Tuesday, race on Wednesday, swimming intervals yesterday, and then up all night playing cards. I think that I've success proven to myself that I'm not 24 anymore. If somehow I don't end up with a cold, I'll be spending the weekend resting and recovering.

Unless the boy wants to have a sitting still contest, I think I might have to conceed tonights game.

No comments: