Thursday, March 12, 2009

I was inspired by the Swashbuckler jersey.

I rode the last two laps off the front last night, part of the way by myself and then with some scragly dude in a 1980s performance jersey he bought from craigslist, who bridged up to me.

The kid was friggin hammering...just killing me. Just before the last corner, with the group breathing down our necks, I told him that to settle down and that if we got to the line, that he could have the win. Instead of calming him down it got him all excited and the kid just busted a move after I took a pull.

We went through the final corner with him 50 yards ahead of me and turned right into a block headwind. I sat up and waited for the group. Three guys caught me and I latched onto the back. First guy pulled and died, second guy pulled and died, Third guy sprinted and caught the kid 50 yards from the finish line. They were both pretty much standing still when I started to sprint.

I felt bad for the kid, he was pretty bummed out, but effem...all bets were off when he dropped me.

Anyway I know its a B race, but I'm pretty happy. Its one thing to ride around and then out snooker those guys. But being able to ride off tells me that I'm finally starting to get a little bit of fitness.

1 comment:

mathbach said...

dude with a scaggly black beard? i know that guy he lives right off Charlestown road - call him Charles or Blackbeard damn Susanne Pleshette was hot back then.