Monday, August 29, 2005

I didn't even have to use my AK

2 pts if you get the reference without having to google it.

Anyway, what a great weekend. It's getting tougher and tougher to be a cynic anymore. Middle America is catching on to the the whole Bush scam, reality TV has petered out, and then you have a weekend like I just had. From friday until today I...

(Let's start with the best)... saw little kids playing musical chairs. Attended a little kids pool party AND a very cool, old school birthday party. Without getting ridiculously sentimental let me just say that watching a dozen kids squeel with glee for two hours might be the solution...to everything.

...Played a fun game a volleyball that saw bodies and balls flying and miraculously not one beer spilled.

... went fishing twice. One of the times included paddling a canoe around an island in the Susquehanna.

... Played in a golf outing on a really terrible team that somehow shot a 74.

... Was drunk sober and drunk again with only the smallest hint of a hangover.

... spent 50% of the time in my pajamas.

Somehow my life is turning into summer camp.

Anyone need a potholder or ashtray ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't mind admitting that i had to look up the reference.

AK - A shortened term for an AK47 assault rifle

Today I didn't even have to use my AK, i gotta say it was a good day. (Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day)