Wednesday, April 05, 2006

my bad

Since our zoning officer is having such a tough day, my boss asked me to grab the company car from him and go do an inspection. While I was out he asked me to pick him up a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

When I got back I walked into the zoning guys office I went to hand him his keys, but absentmindedly handed him the boss's cup of coffee.

For the first time all day I saw the guy smile. His eyes lit up, looked up from his work and said, " Hey thanks man, you didn't have to do that. I could really use it too. That's really nice of you."

I stood there for a second and considered my options. Then as much as it killed me said,

" Sorry man, you gotta hand over the coffee." And I took it from him and walked out leaving him stunned in his seat.

I felt like a heel, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

1 comment:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

If you had any balls, you'd have told your boss that you forgot his coffee.

Pussy.