Monday, May 08, 2006

dammit

I woke up from a dream in the middle of the night because during the dream I remembered something really funny that had happened to me. So I woke up giggling like a school girl and thought, I can't wait to write this down...this is good stuff.

Then I woke up this morning and all I could remember is waking up laughing. For the life of me I cannot remember what it was about. Ahh, I'm so friggen pissed.

I came in this morning suffering from a post Turkey Hill letdown. I still have a number of clean up things to do, letters to write, and the dreaded running results to compile, but the bulk of the worrying is done and I go go about my usual business.

"Usual business" opened this morning at 9 am when an elderly lady, complete with oxygen tank in tow, came walking through the door.

" The geese had chicks" she opened with.

We have a pond in the Township and a flock of geese are squating there. As is the case in this part of the country, the winters never get cold enough and the summers hot enough for these fat bastards to migrate. I suspect, after sitting there eating all the available grain, and people feeding them, even if they wanted to migrate that they couldn't fly more than a few hundred yards anyway. Fat, lazy and lethargic...I suppose they're no longer Canadian geese..they're American geese. Anyway, around this time of year we get a lot of lonley old ladies who come in looking for solutions to save the geese. This lady hit most of them...

  • " Can you put up a sign that says geese crossing ?"
  • " How about a sign that says duck crossing between 8 am and 10 am".....um ma'am they are geese and I think they cross more often then that...." well that's when I go past there" she replied.
  • " Can we fence them in ?" .....we can try, but they _are_ birds and it would have to be a really really high fence
  • "How about a bridge or a walkway for them to walk over". That one got a blank stare

In the end she walked away pissed because we're a bunch of uncaring, terrible people.

And I suspect she went home and sat there angry all during lunch, eating her turkey sandwich and missing the irony completely.

Hopefully, I'll remember that story. Maybe when I nod off later in the day.

No comments: