Friday, May 26, 2006

the slow burn




I dunno about you, but the bottom one looks tastier.

so let's start with one of the many funny lines I heard last night.....

" I'm not saying the chick is a horse....I just hope she spits out the bit when the minister says you may now kiss the bride."

So no heavy drinking this week, but it's been replaced by the slow burn. One beer on Monday, two on Tuesday, three on Wed, and well you can figure out what I'm dealing with this morning. Actually it's not the drinking as much the lack of sleeping. The catalyst is that I have a friend visiting on vacation and I'm trying to show him a good time. On the drive into work this morning I realized the bastard is still sleeping...no wonder he can hang so tuff.

In any event, I don't feel terrible...but it has taken me like 12 minutes to type to this point because I keeps messing up words and letters. Or as I just typed it....wrods and leeters.

So Saturday I'm doing a triathlon with my wife. While she's been getting up every morning and training for the last 6 months, I've been...well if you read this blog then you know what I've been up to. Mostly I've been up to 205 lbs.

So I haven't swum in 3 months, my riding is ok, and I ran twice in the last month. I figured I'm peaked. Should nothing get posted here ever again, please send flowers or letters of condolences to my widow. And no, you can't date her when I'm dead.

So if you've ever wondered what its like being me...... the following is running in an endless loop in my head....



...and you wonder why I drink ?

2 comments:

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Is Dave finally there?

Tell him I said that he's a dick.

Oh, and that I said hello and wish him well.

Thanks,
Burt

Burt Friggin' Hoovis said...

Sweet link, dude.