Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Fury

VINCENT: I'm not sayin' he was right, but you're sayin' a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm sayin' it does. I've given a million ladies a million foot massages and they all meant somethin'. We act like they don't, but they do. That's what's so fuckin' cool about 'em

That scene from Pulp Fiction always reminds me of the Tuesday night training races, or any of the weekly worlds cycling races held everywhere on the planet.

Everyone likes to pretend that they don't count....but they do.

Everyone out there is trying as hard as they can, they all want to win desperately, but they all act as if it doesn't really matter. I mean people will ride so hard that they'll literally shit in their chamois, ....or in our case I've seen people without hesitation blow through a stop sign and out in front of a truck...and then stand in the parking lot afterwards and say shit like, " it's no big deal....the results don't count....it's only a training race"

So for once and all I'm offically calling bullshit on all of you. It does matter. It does count. And last night, you did get lit up by The Fury.

Good job Sez. Congrats.

No comments: