Tuesday, May 16, 2006

whine and roses

Sure, everyone knows the glamerous side of binge drinking; the loss of concentration, losing things, the PMS like mood swings, the glory of the two day hangover. But they never tell you about the dark underbelly of coming off a good bender. And that side effect mostly manifests itself in insomnia.

So I was up most of last night. This morning I find myself tired...but also the proud ownder of some wrinkle cream, the Little Giant, and some land off the coast of Texas. Infomercials rule !

I had my first slate of interviews for summer help yesterday. For those of you seeking employment, here are some tips from yesterdays experience.

  • Don't show up 10 minutes late...everyone knows that one...but showing up 3 hours early isnt' great either
  • Being stoned isn't a good excuse for not knowing that it's 10am ...not 1 pm
  • Don't show up for an interview stoned.
  • Cargo shorts, a t-shirt and a baseball cap aren't proper interview attire.
  • Your perspective employer probably isn't "man", "my-man", nor "buddy"
  • The use of the word "Whatever"....probably not recommended
  • Don't use previously employed and subseqently fired for insubordination employees as your reference.
  • The right answer to the question " Do you have any experience working with kids ?" isn't " I used to be one."

No comments: