Monday, August 14, 2006

and another thing

The first guy to have a TV channel that's entirely Japaneese Game Shows is going to make a boat load of money.

http://www.chilloutzone.de/files/06073002.html

Took the Flick family to the local amusement park last Friday and a few things occurred to me. Why aren't the sellers of double wide trailers and generic cigarettes the sponsors on the rides. They're really missing some direct marketing opportunities. Dentures too...you could probably move a lot of those.

So as we left the park and took the tram into the vast wasteland of minvans that is a parking lot. I had a strong idea of where the car was, but with every other vehicle looking exactly like mine it was going to take me a second to find exactly where it was at. Mrs. Flick had the bright suggestion of hitting the panic button on the key rings and then walking toward the sound of the car. That would have worked if the parking lot wasn't filled with other nitwits doing the same thing. Just a bunch of over-stressed fathers wandering around the parking lot following the sound of carm alarms.

Add Jack Daniels to the list. He could sponsor the parking lot tram.

As I was wandering around the lot, I looked back to see my family sort of following me. Not right behind me, but maybe 30 feet back. I politely said, " wait here...i'll get the car and come to you." I went another aisle over and there they were again, " please just wait here I'll be right back.".....one aisle later, I go against my better judgement and look back....there they are..." I'd really prefer it if the kids dont get run over by a car, so when I asked that you please stay where you are I sort of...well...kinda meant that you DON'T MOVE....perhaps I was a bit ambiguous."

Of course the response was, " you don't have to be an asshole about it."

But you know what....I really did.

As you might have well asertained, Mrs. Flick doesn't read the blog....I'm much braver online.

What I actually said was, " I'm sorry"

The other thing that I'm having a problem with is that I've recently been accused of being anti-social. The most recent accusation is from a friend who showed up to a function with her 21 year old daughter. First of all the daughter is hot. Secondly, she was wearing a low cut top exposing her big breateses, no bra as best I could tell, and she kept bending down to talk to my kids. Recognizing that there was NO WAY I could stand there without looking down her top....AND...recognizing that there was no way to look down her top without getting caught be everyone there...I exchanged plesantries and walked away. So I'm not anti-social as much as i recogize my limitations. It's important for a man to recognize his limitations, it prevents him from getting kicked in the balls.

Of course when questioned later by Mrs. Flick, I coudn't very well fess up. Luckily I have a history of rudeness to fall back on as an alibi.

I suppose I never really thought about it, but if push comes to shove I suppose I'd take rude bastard over horn-dog....or balless horn-dog anyway.

Three posts in one day, eh ? That's how it happens some time.

No comments: