Thursday, August 24, 2006

woozy

I was going to write something about seeing Ron in a sun dress lip syncing Sinead O Connor and then trying to get into a bar using his library and blood donor card as ID...but I don't have the clearest of head to tackle that because...

Last night I was up having a nightcap and playing some cards when I heard, what I thought was the pitter-patter of footsteps upstairs. This isn't unusual as one of the kids is always getting up and going to the bathroom.

What was unusual about it this time was that it was less like pitter-patter and more like THUMP THUMP THUMP which meant that it was probably the boy ( aka The Lummox). Also he wasn't walking...he was running full speed. SO this is how is went.

BOOM ! Door flying open.

THUMP THUMP THUMP...the lummox running across the floor

BOOM ! Mrs. Flick's bedroom door opening up.

"ahhhhhhhh !", the Lummox yelling and BOING the boy leaping into bed.

Apparently the boy was having a nightmare and frightened, he ran into our bedroom and lept into our bed screaming.

Well Mrs. Flick was deep into sleep. And what followed next was the most blood curdling scream that I've ever heard in my life...seriously...It was the loudest most terrified yelling ever. I mean the type of shit that you hear in a horror movie that involves a chainsaw.

Three big yelps.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ! AHHHHHHHHHHH ! AHHHHHHHHHHH !

I ran upstairs to find the boy, scrared, hiding under a pile of covers. Mrs. Flick was sitting upright, eyes as big as saucers and hyperventilating. And the other two kids were running from room to room crying and trying to figure out what was going on.

Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep last night.

1 comment:

Joe Hess said...

I would have just turned around headed back down stairs and poured my self another shot or two