Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy Birthday - Aug 16th

www.flicklives.blogspot.com is one year old on Wed Aug 16th!!!!

I don't want to get too gayly introspective, but this process of me writing stuff down and you reading stuff...er...down(?)... has been fun.

I am, as we like to refer to in the medical community, a walking nutjob. The bad news is that I vacillate between arrogance and insecurity, pomposity and humility, confidence and total fear. The good news is I run the gambit of all that stuff only two or three times during the day.

Being able to express some of that in the written form has been much more constuctive than...say...chasing a hillbilly around his pick-up trying to rape him with a bike pump....or whatever else used to occur...allegedly.

In any case, I enjoy writing the crazy stuff that goes on in my head down, and frankly was surprised and amused that some of you enjoyed reading it.

I should also note that, while I know people are reading stuff, actually running into them live...and having them bring the blog up in conversation....is startlingly awkward. I write this stuff with a veil of anonimity that I find liberating, but I've been finding out that the veil is a bit thinner that I initially thought. It's a bit like having to stand in front of someone in your bathing suit...well maybe not like that if you're hot...but if you're a bit pale and dumpy and have a hairy ass like I do...then it's a lot like standing in front of people in a bathing suit. And after you rant and expose some personal stuff...like, for instance, having filled your underpants with a fart gone wrong....then it sort of becomes like having to stand in front of a crowd in your wife's bathing suit.

But anyway that's my issue to work out and is just another log onto the bonfire of neurosis really. In the end this has been fun, thanks for coming by, and I hope to keep doing ridiculous shit to embarass myself, for both our pleasure.

And to all your Arabs...stop googling my daughter...it's Hot Girl NOT Hot Gril...the "I" goes before the "R".

Thank you.

2 comments:

He to the B said...

Happy Birthday Flick.

MyHusbandRules said...

If we ever meet in person, I promise not to recognize you.

I know how you feel, the first time someone asked me about my blog I thought "Wait...someone's READING this?"