Monday, August 21, 2006

he's gonna blow

After getting pounded like Kevin Fedderdine in county lockup on Thursday's poker game I was in dire straights. I needed to make some cash.

So Friday I sat, uninterrupted, with the last of my money and played 3 tables at once. With total concentration I hammered all three tables. I took notes on every player, I watched every hand, and I worked the numbers/position/and players for about an hour and a half with the greatest focus I've ever committed to the game. In the end I doubled my buy-in and was back in it. Woo-Hoo !!!!

When I stood up from the computer my head was reeling. I hadn't realized how deep I went and the act of such concentration was having a negative physical and mental effect on me. I was a tad disoriented, I had a slight headache, and was having a real hard time concentrating. I need to lie down and maybe have a drink.

Thats when Mrs. Flick informed me that I would be taking my 8 year old daughter and 5 of her friends bowling.

For the next 2 1/2 hours I endured shrieking, squeeling, crashing pins, and bright lights.

Barely conscious, I stumbled home...pounded 3 beers in succession and collapsed in a heap.

I slept for like 10 hours and awoke still groggy and out of focus. I walked downstairs to hear, " oh good, you're up. The girls are about ready you better get dressed."

Get dressed !?!?!

Yeah, you're taking the girls roller skating.

FUCK ME. Have any of you been to a roller skating rink in the last 5 years ? It's like having to go sit inside of a giant slot machine or like riding on a merry-go-round that just freebased and 8-ball of coke.

Anyway, I survived it...barely. But I'm starting to think that Mrs. Flick is trying to kill me..or at least drive me insane.

BTW, I rode both weekend days, which puts my weight at 203.5.

And yes, the dog is still alive.

No comments: