Monday, August 07, 2006

He could tell I was a fan.

I walked into a Turkey Hill on Friday to buy a soda. When I went up to the counter, the guy behind the counter started in on me.

Will this be all ?

Yeah, just the soda.


How are you doing ?

( me, not really paying attention) Fine, how are you.

I'M GREAT !

urmph


Wanna know why ?

huh ?

Ok I'll tell you.....See, I'm a HUGE Muppets fan...well really I'm a fan of anything Jim Henson....Muppets, Seasame Street, all that...but the Muppets are my favorite. So I've been looking for this video for ever and I found it today and I'm really really excited and can't wait 'till it comes in the mail so i can watch it...

I...ah...just really just want to pay for my so-......

It's this awesome Christmas program from the 80's. They showed it once on T.V. and then never showed it again. It's the one where Kermit goes over to Fozzie Bear's house...have you seen it ? Do you know the one I mean ?

really...the soda would be great...if...I...

Well I remember seeing as a kid and it's great. What happens is that Kermit and Fozzie are drinking this hot cider and then they hear this Christmas caroling and when the go out front guess who's there ? Yep, the ENTIRE cast of Seasame Street...well not the people like Maria and stuff...Mr. Hooper was alive then but he wasn't there either...this was just the characters...so you had Big Bird, and Grover, and everyone. And they were singing carols and doing skits. It was one of the few times that they had BOTH cast together.

wow, that's great..can I just leave $2 here and have you....

But that's NOT the BEST part. The best part is that Kermits nephew, you know, the little frog...well he goes down through a hole in the floorboard of the porch...right....and guess what he finds....you're totally not going to believe this...

Fraggle Rock ?

TOTALLY !!!! HOLY SMOKES !!! You've seen this one !?!?!? I could tell by looking at you that you were a fan too. Right ...Fraggle Rock...Seasame Street..AND the Muppets all together. It was the first and only time. I sooooo can't wait for it to come. Do you think they deliver stuff on Saturdays ?

Possibly. Can I pay for my soda now ?

Oh sure. Here you go. Have a nice day.

No comments: