Tuesday, August 29, 2006

bedroom talk

I was up last night playing poker and watching a little TV when Mrs. Flick peered down from the stairs, " Hey, how would like like to come on up to bed and lay with me ?"

Now I don't know what your life is like, but with three kids and all the other stuff going on in my life, not having to beg to "lay with my wife" is a home run. Having my wife ask me !!!! to "come up stairs" is like hitting ten grand slams in the world series.

As quickly as possible I shut down the computer, turned off the TV, I zipped around the house locking the doors and windows, checked the stove, brushed my teeth and run up to the room.

Smoothly I slipped into the covers and snuggled up next to my beautiful wife.

She lifted her head and placed it on my shoulder and nuzzled her nose into my neck as I wrapped my arm around her...a true playa...

Then...as I was preparing to lean in and kiss her, she looked up at me with her big green eyes...and she...she.... she burst into tears....

"The boy is starting his first day of school tomorrow...boo hooo...they're growing up soooo fast...boo hooo....thank you for coming up and to lay here with me and make me feel better....boo hooo...you're being so supportive"

errr, you're welcome. Glad I can be or service.

Dammit.

No comments: