Monday, August 14, 2006

best line I've heard today

" Guys who say they go to the track because they love horses are full of crap. Saying you go to the track because you love the horses is like saying that you go to a strip club because you love the music"

That's some funny stuff.

Horse betting in a bad bad thing. Now I love gambling...I mean I have a problem with it...but I'm no horse gambler.It's the difference between being a beer drunk and a whiskey drunk.

My grandmother used to take me to the track when I was a lad. The first time I went I saw a guy lose a trifecta at a harness race because the jockey was obviously pulling back on the reigns. The dude went over the rail, had to be restrained, and was arrested. I've since been told that's a regular occurrance, but that kind of spoiled my appetite for the whole thing.

When i was in Ireland I went to one of the betting shops they have on every corner and decided to trow a couple of dollars down on a horse just for kicks. After all those years, maybe I'd have aquired a taste for the ponies. As they were getting ready to start the race, my horse tossed the jockey and broke his arm.

So I don't like the track...for the horses or otherwise.

No comments: